I am a big fan of salads and pastas and my definition of a great, delicious feast include these 2 lovely dishes. Let me share these 2 new recipes from our friends from Dona Elena which you might find interesting to prepare for your family come Christmas. I have sampled them during the Dona Elena Cuisinera Club Holiday Special and I assure that they are simply scrumptious.
1. Salmon Caesar Salad
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 medium-sized lettuce, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 pieces large egg yolks
- 6 pieces Dona Elena Flat Fillet Anchovies, mashed
- 3 pieces garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 10 tablespoons Dona Elena Pure Olive Oil
- 3/4 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 kilogram salmon fillet
- 1 cup croutons
- salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste
Here is how to prepare this dish:
- Whisk lemon juice and garlic
- Whisk in egg yolks, anchovies, and Worcestershire sauce
- Drizzle in the olive oil in a slow and steady stream while whisking. Continue until dressing is thick.
- Mix in the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the salmon, heat some olive oil in a frying pan
- Saute the salmon fillet, breaking into flakes while cooking. Season with salt and pepper and cook until salmon flakes become a bit toasted but not burnt.
- Remove from heat
- Toss the chopped lettuce with the dressing. Top with toasted salmon, capers, and croutons.